Well after invigorating your minds towards a natural and healthy living and trying to open up your "window of the conscience",its time to get started. Inspite of the fact that we all know going natural is the right way,we have developed certain prejudices about our wellness system.Our misconceptions need to be rectified for us to accept it wholeheartedly.I have listed a few below.Readers are open to add more.....i shall certainly try to overcome them .
- Ayurveda heals very slowly: I completely disagree with this.I've seen so many patients taking allopathy medicines relentlessly for ailments like arthritis,asthma,skin diseases,COPD'S, infertility etc. for years together.Most of these need only a 2 to 4 months course of ayurvedic medicines including body detox that is panchakarma . Also as much time and allopathic medicines people take before approaching an ayurvedic consultant ,the longer it takes to cure.Trust in this timetested science,stop thinking it as the last alternative.I do agree that some times active management is required,which includes suppressing symptoms like fever,headache, vomitting and others.But,i would rather name it management and not treatment.Ayurveda tends to treat inside out,so it might seem time consuming at times.But indisputably it gives back, more than you ask for.
- Ayurvedic medicines are awful n bitter:Yes! Now this is not a myth.This was true till recent years.But,thanks to the recent advances,even these drugs are available mostly in form of coated tablets,capsules. And sweetened syrups have replaced our decoctions.Also ghanvatis i.e tablets of nearly all decoctions are available,so no need to gulp the "kadva kadha",as we call it often.Though most of the drugs do need to be taken in a certain medium that enhances its properties.
- Ayurvedic medicines have no side effects:Contrary to the common belief that these medicines have no side effects and can be safely taken over the counter,we should think it over ourselves.How can any medicines be taken without knowing its proposed action,diagnosing the precise underlying cause and deciding the duration of treatment.
- Too many diet restrictions:More than criticizing ayurveda for diet restrictions. Should'nt we take a look at our everbusy lives,we hardly care what we dump into our systems while trying to meet our deadlnes.The body, our host that gives our souls a chance to live this precious life as human beings, is habitually neglected.We must actually be thankful to ayurvedic doctors who generously guide us with our haywire lifestyle and diet plans,instead of just handing out prescriptions
- Ayurvedic medicines - Non researched or tested: These medicines have been used in our country since ages and the basic principles of ayurveda remain applicable even in today's world.There hasn't been any need to replace or revise molecules as is the course of modern medicines,which become ineffective and need replacements from time to time.This itself proves the fact that these medicines are timetested.